- 700 gm carlow foods free range chicken wings • 1/2 carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 stalk spring onion, sectioned
- 5 slices ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 cup Coco-cola
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice wine
- Pepper, to taste
- Cut chicken wings into two parts, keep the wing tips intact. Blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes to remove any blood and fat. Drain well.
- Heat some oil in wok (or pan), saute ginger, garlic and spring onion until fragrant.
- Add chicken wings and carrot, saute and continue to cook until lightly brown.
- Pour in the seasoning and coke. Bring to a boil and continue to cook for 20 to 25 minutes, uncovered, or until sauce thickens and chicken wings are carmeralized. Add more water if necessary. Remember to taste by yourself while cooking in this step. If you’re satisfied, it’s done.